Monday, June 18, 2012

Body Art Bachelor Pad


When I am decorating a room, I love to find interesting curios and knick knacks to accessorize it. I get bored with the usual candles, vases, photographs and flower arrangements so I like to experiment with more unusual accent pieces. For example, my lounge has antique opera glasses and a globe on one side table and a vintage hat box on another. I like little quirky details like that. I'd rather my ornamental details were things people wanted to pick up and examine!




That's why I am super excited about the prospect of handling my little brother's bedroom decoration! He and 2 of his friends just purchased a house share and he has asked me to help with the interior design. I've already started to pick up some interesting bits and pieces! We are making his bedroom really cool and contemporary. Lot's of chrome and black and white, with just a few splashes of color. Now one thing my brother loves is body art. I think if it wasn't for his job he might be one of those guys covered in tattoos and piercings, but because he works in an office, he has stuck to 2 easy to hide designs and an earring. That's why I decided to give his room a bit of a bodymodification vibe to it!


I've purchased some vintage style tattooist posters which I'll mount and frame to hang on the walls and also manged to source an antique tattoo gun, which I'm putting in a box frame along with some artfully arranged pots of ink. While I was looking online for ideas I came across a number of stores selling body plugs and related accessories and some of them are art in themselves! There are such clever designs. I have ordered a few pairs of the most unusual pieces along with a stainless steel stretching kit and I'm going to make a little art display in a second box frame to go with the tattoo themed one.


His friends are already jealous and one of them asked if I'll help him with his room too. This is going to be one kick ass bachelor pad! Look out ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment