Monday, June 18, 2012

Finding My Domestic Goddess


Some people seem to effortlessly be able to manage a home and a family and a job without breaking a sweat! They have home cooked meals, immaculate houses and spend lots of quality time with the family! Where am I going wrong? I am always exhausted, I throw meals together at the last minute and I never have enough clean clothes! I need some kind of domestic intervention!


My friend has already volunteered to do the honors! She is like Martha Stewart. She says that first things first we need to audit my kitchen! I have heard of no such thing before, but she is super organized so I'm fine with taking her word for it! Apparently this means she is going to help me not only clean my kitchen top to bottom – goodbye lids with no matching tupperwares – help me organize my cupboards and audit my pantry! We are going to throw away expired goods and take an inventory of what I have. Then we are going to meal plan for a full month and she is going to help me do shopping lists so I can get all of the ingredients for that meal plan. I really like this idea. I never know what to cook and I always end up throwing stuff out which has gone bad. She told me it not only saves times and makes sure we each healthy meals, it also saves money! I'm all for that.


am not delusional. This kitchen audit is not going to make me into a domestic goddess over night. I know it will take work to stick to the plan. However, if I can stick to it for several weeks, then I will have her help me do another room of the house. It is my aim that come the holidays this year my house will run like clockwork and I won't have to do that mid November panic when Thanksgiving rolls around! Anyone fancy doing a Kitchen audit with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment